Jun

Donald Eugene Lasko – St. James

By

Donald Eugene Lasko, 70 of St. James, died Thursday, June 7, 2012 at Dosher Memorial Hospital in Southport, North Carolina.

Mr. Lasko was born February 13, 1942 in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan, son of the late Fred A. Lasko and Eleanor Smith Lasko. Mr. Lasko was a member of St. Peter Lutheran Church in Southport. He was a 1962 graduate of Upper St. Clair High School in Pennsylvania. Mr. Lasko graduated from Muskingum College in Ohio and worked for ALCOA beginning in 1964 at various locations, one of which was Australia, where his first son was born.  After relocating back to the states, he resided in Tennessee where his second son was born.  Mr. Lasko also spent several years in South America before moving back to Pittsburgh and retiring as data processing manager.  He moved to St. James in 1995.  In his retirement he fulfilled two dreams; golfing often with his buddies and riding cross country on his motorcycle. He loved Harley Davidson motorcycles and was a member of a Harley Davidson owners club. Mr. Lasko was an avid golfer and was the original President and Founder of the St. James Men’s Golf Association, which was his pride and joy. He was a loving father and husband.

Surviving are his wife Maryanne Lasko of Southport; two sons, Darren Lasko and wife Kim of Forest, Virginia and Aaron Lasko and wife Christie of Longmont, Colorado; a step-son David Weber and wife Sandra of Munhall, Pennsylvania; two brothers, Thomas Lasko and wife Bobbie of Chicago, Illinois and Richard Lasko of Cleveland, Ohio; sister-in-law Elsie Ferencz; brother-in-law Richard Ferencz; six grandchildren and two step-grandchildren.

The funeral service will be held at 11:00 am Monday June 11, 2012 at St. Peter Lutheran Church with Reverend Gene Waymon officiating. The family will receive friends from 2:00 to 4:00 pm on Sunday, June 10, 2012 at Peacock – Newnam & White Funeral Service in Southport and one hour prior to the service at the church.

Graveside services will be held at Jefferson Memorial Park in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania at 12:00 noon on Thursday, June 14, 2012. The family will receive friends one hour prior to the service.

In lieu of flowers memorials may be made to Cancer Care Copayment Assistance Foundation c/o CancerCare National Office, 275 7th Avenue, New York, NY 10001 or you may donate online at www.cancercarecopay.org.

You may send online condolences to www.peacocknewnamwhite.com

Peacock-Newnam & White Funeral and Cremation Service, Southport, North Carolina.

Categories : Obituaries

Guest Book

1. Pastor Joe Tursi says:

Dear Maryanne,
    I learned of Don’s passing through people at Saint Peter Church. I am sorry for your loss but I am so happy that Don had asked to become a member of the congregation during my last year at Saint Peter. I am in Costa Rica, as you know, but I want you to know that my prayers are with you during this time of loss. Be assured of the promise of new life through Christ’s death and resurrection. May God’s spirit be with you in the days ahead.
    Peace,
    Pastor Joe Tursi

2. June Simpson says:

I will be in Richmond, so unable to be at Don’s memorial service, but I want to express my deepest sympathy to Maryann and his sons. My late husband,Jerry, enjoyed playing golf with Don for many years. May God be with you
    June Simpson

3. Robert Glenn says:

Dear Maryanne,
    I am so sorry to learn of Don’s untimely passing. He was a great neighbor, friend, classmate, and teammate of mine on our high school basketball and baseball teams, and is remembered fondly by his many friends from Upper St. Clair. I know that he never liked “Bozo” but he’ll always be Bozo to me. I loved ol’ Don — a truly wonderful guy.
    Robert Glenn

4. Lynne Koerber Sheppard says:

In many classes I sat in front of Don – Bozo- he gave some added adventure to class!! May you feel Gods comfort in your loss.

5. Bruce Cox says:

I’ve known Don since 1970 when I started my career with Alcoa. Don was one of those special friends that you keep forever, no matter where each of you are. You don’t have the opportunity to know many people like that in your lifetime. I will miss you “Lightnin”. My heartfelt condolences to Maryanne, Darren, AJ and all the family. Hope Don breaks par in Heaven.

6. Dr. Ron Christ says:

I was deeply saddened to hear of Don’s passing. As his high school
    basketball coach for three years,I can truly say that he was a scholar- athlete One of his greatest assets was his strength and tenacity,which helped our team win many games.

Seeing him at the 50th class reunion was special as we shared memories of the glory years of USC basketball. I will never forget him!
    Dr. Ron Christ

7. John Walker II says:

Sorry to hear of Don’s passing but he has received the utmost promotion to be in the presence of the Lord. I remember the talks around the kitchen tables about his adventures. Rest in peace Don you are home with your parents, my parents,Grandma and Grandpa Smith and Uncle Bud.

8. Richard N. Wehling says:

Thank you, Darren, for sending the e-mail about Don’s death. I had lost track of Don’s whereabouts. It was comforting to learn that he was able to fulfill his passions and enjoy his retirement and had a caring family.
    Don worked for me in the Math Services group when he began working at ALCOA. It was a good group of people. Some of us would walk to the Salvation Army gymnasium at lunch hour and play pretty competitive basketball. Don had previously had major knee surgery but was still pretty good. That and his smile is what I’ll remember. God bless all of you during your time of loss.

9. carol fischer hannigan says:

So sorry to hear about Don’s passing. I was happy that we had the opportunity to be together at the Upper St. Clair’s 50th combined reunion. I was in the class of 61. Don was my 1st prom date – 8th grade – he was in the 9th so it was very memorable. A great basketball player & wonderful guy. My deepest sympathy to Don’s wife & family.

10. Vern & Karen Hawkins says:

Dear Maryanne,
    Karen and I just learned of Don’s passing and wanted to convey our deepest sympathies. Don was a high school classmate of ours, a teammate of mine in three sports and a good friend.

We are grateful to have seen him (and met you) at the 50th class reunion. We’ll remember that visit and our high school days with Don with a smile.

Registration is not required
Comments are held for moderation untill approved by funeral home staff.
Facebook, Twitter, Wordpress log in's are optional.

Leave Your Condolences